I feel so old… it used to be all flash in the past. Now it’s all CSS. I stumbled on the site and css effects are great!
Visual effect library in JS: http://jschr.github.io/textillate/
At my work, we have been using build pipeline jenkins plugin. However, there was a bug with it in our use case, which I have filed a bug for it.
There’s reproduce steps in the bug, but the issue is that parameter values from a wrong upstream job are passed to manually triggered downstream job if the downstream job is shared by a few/many different upstream jobs. Auto deploy downstream jobs do not have the same issue. It’s affected by only manual downstream job.
So I made an update to build pipeline plugin and made a pull request for the first time in my github history. This is the actual difference.
However, as of Chrome 32 for Android, which is currently in beta, this delay is gone for mobile-optimised sites, without removing pinch-zooming!
var elementsInArray = Array.prototype.slice.call(document.getElementsByTagName('li'));
So what is going on with the above statement? Here’s what’s going on:
- getElementsByTagName does not return Array object. Instead it returns NodeList (You can easily test it out on the developer tools. i.e. document.getElementsByTagName(‘li’).constructor)
- NodeList does not have array methods. Prototype type chain is not connecting to array prototype at all. (NodeList.prototype.__proto__.constructor == Object)
- slice returns a new array object so using slice against NodeList converts NodeList into Array
- won’t allow to create a global variables
- Illegal assignment throws an exception
- attempt to delete undeletable properties throws an exception
- all named properties must be unique
- function parameter names must be unique
- octal syntax is not permitted
I’m working as software engineer with broad range of technology stacks. Frontend and backend and sys admin and so on. It’s because I love to learn something new.
It’s funny how my career has come this way. My major during college was Mass Communication and then later I changed it to Graphics Design. Back then I loved visual effects using 3d and was fascinated with digital artists’ work. I had a few chances to learn multimedia authoring tool and web development tool such as Macromedia Director and designing web site. Naturally I wanted to learn “Lingo” language while learning Macromedia Director and HTML/CSS while learning website design.
By the time I had a final test, I was able to make a simple game using Macromedia Director on top of the main course of the class. Same to HTML/CSS on top of website design. My attraction had started shifting to interaction from static design.
Flash 4 and 5 were the web when it was the most popular thing in web development community. I was so into them as well. So I started learning a lot of them myself again like the way I learned Lingo and HTML/CSS during college. And I got pretty good at them and that’s when my programer life has started.
Basically I’m a programer who does not have computer science degree. However, I tried to learn CS knowledges as much as possible by myself. Simply because I wanted to know more about programming, algorithms, techniques, and so on. Also I wanted to become a better programmer. At one point I wanted to go back to school and get a CS master degree, but having a full time job as a programmer and a family hasn’t helped me much.
So far I’ve learned Big-O, sorting algorithms, map/reduce, hashtables, numbering system. When I have more chances, I am planning to go at Tree, Graphs, Data structures, Discrete math whenever I have time.
These are topics that eventually I want to cover basically:
- Sorting (bubble, quick, insertion, merge, selection)
- Data Structure (NP-complete)
- Path Finding (A* & Dijkstra)
Maybe I missed something, but I hope to know all of topics really well soon. 🙂
When it comes to browser testing, I had struggled to keep an user session open for testing box when Jenkins initiated a browser testing job. So my solution for that was to run VirtualBox and VBoxVmService so that each virtual box runs as a windows service and it worked out very nicely for my purpose.
I used VirtualBox 4.2.18 and some settings are:
- Network settings
- Adapter 1 for NAT(for outbound)
- Adapter 2 for Host-only (for inbound)
- It makes a virtualbox machine run as a window service in headless mode
- When Virtualbox machines run as a window service, VirtualBox should not be run. They cannot run simultaneously.
- Add a list of VBox machines in VBoxVmService.ini file as seen below:
I just found out that most of browsers already have Array.prototype.map, filter, and reduce implemented natively… dumb me…