When it comes to browser testing, I had struggled to keep an user session open for testing box when Jenkins initiated a browser testing job. So my solution for that was to run VirtualBox and VBoxVmService so that each virtual box runs as a windows service and it worked out very nicely for my purpose.
I used VirtualBox 4.2.18 and some settings are:
- Network settings
- Adapter 1 for NAT(for outbound)
- Adapter 2 for Host-only (for inbound)
- It makes a virtualbox machine run as a window service in headless mode
- When Virtualbox machines run as a window service, VirtualBox should not be run. They cannot run simultaneously.
- Add a list of VBox machines in VBoxVmService.ini file as seen below: