I’m using vmware fusion to create many development environments so that I have completely isolated ubuntu for client A, windows 2008 server R2 for client B, centos for client C, and so on.
Actually it was several months ago, but I was bothered to find a solution to this weird bug couple days.
On vm ubuntu, every time I use *composer* to update PHP project dependencies I end up with php parse error. They look something like this:
- PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘)’ in …
- PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘F’ in …
- PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end
- and so on…
BTW the temporary solution was to open a file, save, and then quit vim.
To fix the issue better than the temporary solution was:
- sudo vmware-uninstall-tools.pl (on the vm ubuntu)
- sudo apt-get install open-vm-tools
Since then I have not had the same issue before. Some reported that the solution that I took steps stopped working for them, but it wasn’t the case for me.